Your COVID Safe Visit
New Theatre is registered as a COVID-19 Safe Business. During your visit, we ask that you adhere to the following procedures, which we have put in place to maintain a COVID Safe venue and to ensure the health and safety of all audience members and staff.
- If you are unwell, please stay at home. Any person who arrives at the theatre displaying symptoms of being unwell will be isolated on arrival and asked to leave when safe to do so. Anyone tested for COVID-19, will not be permitted to attend the theatre until a negative test result is confirmed. If you have pre-purchased a ticket and you are unable to attend for COVID related reasons, we will exchange or refund your ticket on request.
- If possible, please select the print-at-home ticket option when pre-booking tickets. Please have a paper or digital copy of your ticket/s ready for scanning when entering the auditorium.
- Please sanitise your hands as you enter the building. A sanitising station will be set up just inside the front door.
- Although masks are no longer mandatory in theatres and cinemas in the Greater Sydney region, we strongly recommend you wear one when visiting the theatre.
- Please remain 1.5m apart where physically possible. We ask that you form separate queues when waiting for the bar and box office and keep to the physical distancing markers on the floor. When visiting the bathroom, we ask you only enter if the total capacity allows it.
- Box office will now open 30 mins before the start of each performance. Due to capacity restrictions in the foyer, you will be asked to move directly through to the auditorium after visiting the box office, bar and bathrooms.
- When you or your group take your seats, please sit a seat apart from other audience members where possible. New Theatre is a general admission theatre and seat selection is done on a first-come-first-serve basis. Please note that we are now operating at 75% capacity and with fuller houses, you may need to sit next to other audience members.
- Please use the correct door when moving between the auditorium and the foyer. Auditorium entrance will be to the right of the bar and the exit will be upstairs to the left.
- You will not be permitted to congregate in the foyer during interval. You will be able to either stay in your seat or freely leave the venue. Those wanting to visit the bathroom or bar during interval will be asked to form a queue to the bar from auditorium, standing 1.5m apart where possible.
- The bar will now be open after the show. Please take your drinks back to the auditorium, as congregation of large crowds in the foyer is still not permitted.
- The sanitation and cleanliness of the building will be maintained to a COVID Safe standard. Auditorium seats will be sanitised for each show; soap and paper towel dispensers, taps, handles, latches, handrails, buttons, bar and box office counters and FOH tables and seats will be sanitised before and during the show, and a thorough cleaning of the bathrooms, foyer and auditorium will be done weekly.
- For the safety of our audience and staff, sneeze guards will be installed on the bar and at the box office. Staff will also be required to wear face masks.
- We strongly recommend using card and digital payment methods options at our box office or bar.
- We strongly recommend you travel to the theatre by private transport or take public transport outside peak hour times where possible. New Theatre does not have allocated parking but is able to provide detailed information about neighbourhood street parking on request.
- In the event of a high energy performance we will be cordoning off the front row. A minimum of 5m will be maintained between performers and audience members when high energy dancing, singing, and/or ensemble work is presented on stage.
- All visitors to the theatre will be required to check in using the Service NSW app. If you have not done so already, please install the Service NSW app on your mobile devise in preparation for your visit. Manual check in will also be available at the box office.
For further details, please speak to our front of house or box office staff or call New Theatre administration during office hours (10am to 3pm, Mon to Fri): 02 9519 3403.
Download a full copy of our COVID-19 Safe Plan here.