Your COVID Safe Visit
New Theatre is registered as a COVID-19 Safe Business. During your visit, we ask that you adhere to the following procedures, which we have put in place to maintain a COVID Safe venue and to ensure the health and safety of all audience members and staff.
- If you are unwell, please stay at home. Any person who arrives at the theatre displaying symptoms of being unwell will be isolated on arrival and asked to leave when safe to do so. Anyone tested for COVID-19, will not be permitted to attend the theatre until a negative test result is confirmed. If you have pre-purchased a ticket and you are unable to attend for COVID related reasons, we will exchange or refund your ticket on request.
- If possible, please select the print-at-home ticket option when pre-booking tickets. Please have a paper or digital copy of your ticket/s ready for scanning when entering the auditorium.
- Please sanitise your hands as you enter the building. A sanitising station will be set up just inside the front door.
- If you are over 16 you must be fully vaccinated to enter the theatre. If you are under 16 and not fully vaccinated, you must be accompanied by a fully vaccinated member of your household. Please have your vaccination certificate or written exemption ready to show on entry.
- Masks are mandatory and you will be required to wear a mask when visiting New Theatre. If you are unable to wear a mask, please bring a written exemption with you. Please note: masks may be removed while eating and drinking.
- Please remain 1.5m apart where physically possible. We ask that you form separate queues when waiting for the bar and box office and keep to the physical distancing markers on the floor. When visiting the bathroom, we ask you only enter if the total capacity allows it.
- Box office will now open 30 mins before the start of each performance. Due to capacity restrictions in the foyer, you will be asked to move directly through to the auditorium after visiting the box office, bar and bathrooms.
- When you or your group take your seats, please sit a seat apart from other audience members where possible. New Theatre is a general admission theatre and seat selection is done on a first-come-first-serve basis. Please note that we are now operating at 100% capacity and with fuller houses, you may need to sit next to other audience members.
- You will not be permitted to congregate in the foyer during interval. You will be able to either stay in your seat or freely leave the venue. Those wanting to visit the bathroom or bar during interval will be asked to form a queue to the bar from auditorium, standing 1.5m apart where possible.
- The bar will be open after the show. Please take your drinks back to the auditorium, as congregation of large crowds in the foyer is not permitted.
- The sanitation and cleanliness of the building will be maintained to a COVID Safe standard. Auditorium seats will be sanitised for each show; soap and paper towel dispensers, taps, handles, latches, handrails, buttons, bar and box office counters and FOH tables and seats will be sanitised before and during the show, and a thorough cleaning of the bathrooms, foyer and auditorium will be done weekly.
- For the safety of our audience and staff, sneeze guards will be installed on the bar and at the box office. Staff will also be required to wear face masks.
- We strongly recommend using card and digital payment methods options at our box office or bar.
- In the event of a high energy performance we will be cordoning off the front row. A minimum of 5m will be maintained between performers and audience members when high energy dancing, singing, and/or ensemble work is presented on stage.
- All visitors to the theatre will be required to check in using the Service NSW app. Manual check in will also be available at the box office.
For further details, please speak to our front of house or box office staff or call New Theatre administration during office hours (10am to 3pm, Mon to Fri): 02 9519 3403.
An copy of our updated COVID-19 Safe Plan is available here.