Your COVID Safe Visit
New Theatre is registered as a COVID-19 Safe Business. During your visit, we ask that you adhere to the follow procedures, which we have put in place to maintain a COVID Safe venue and to ensure the health and safety of all audience members and staff.
- If you are unwell, please stay at home. Any person who arrives at the theatre displaying symptoms of being unwell will be isolated on arrival and asked to leave when safe to do so. Anyone tested for COVID-19, will not be permitted to attend the theatre until a negative test result is confirmed. If you have pre-purchased a ticket and you are unable to attend for COVID related reasons, we will exchange or refund your ticket on request.
- If possible, please select the print-at-home ticket option when pre-booking tickets. With a print-at-home ticket you will not need visit the box office when you arrive. Please have a paper or digital ticket ready for scanning when entering the auditorium.
- Please sanitise your hands as you enter the building. A sanitising station will be set up just inside the front door.
- We strongly recommend wearing a mask when visiting the theatre.
- Please remain 1.5m apart where physically possible. We ask that you form separate queues when waiting for the bar and box office and keep to the physical distancing markers on the floor. When visiting the bathroom, we ask you only enter if the total capacity allows it.
- Box office will now open 30 mins before the start of each performance. Due to capacity restrictions in the foyer, you will be asked to move directly through to the auditorium after visiting the box office, bar and bathrooms.
- When you or your group take your seats, please sit at least 2 seats apart from other audience members. New Theatre is a general admission theatre and seat selection is done on a first come- first serve basis.
- Please use the correct door when moving between the auditorium and the foyer. Auditorium entrance will be to the right of the bar and the exit will be upstairs to the left.
- You will not be permitted to congregate in the foyer during interval. You will be able to either stay in your seat or freely leave the venue. Those wanting to visit the bathroom or bar during interval will be asked to form a queue to the bar from auditorium, standing 1.5m apart where possible. To speed up the queue during interval, we will be encouraging the purchase of interval drinks before the show.
- New Theatre box office and bar will be closed after the show and you will be asked to leave the venue immediately after the show.
- The sanitation and cleanliness of the building will be maintained to a COVID Safe standard. Auditorium seats will be sanitised for each show; soap and paper towel dispensers, taps, handles, latches, handrails, buttons, bar and box office counters and FOH tables and seats will be sanitised before and during the show, and a thorough cleaning of the bathrooms, foyer and auditorium will be done weekly.
- For the safety of our audience and staff, sneeze guards will be installed on the bar and at the box office. Staff will also be required to wear face masks.
- We strongly recommend using card and digital payment methods options at our box office or bar.
- We strongly recommend you travel to the theatre by private transport or take public transport outside peak hour times where possible. New Theatre does not have allocated parking but is able to provide detailed information about neighbourhood street parking on request.
- In the event of a high energy performance we will be cordoning off the front row. A minimum of 3m will be maintained between performers and audience members when high energy dancing, singing, and/or ensemble work is presented on stage.
For further details, please speak to our front of house or box office staff or call New Theatre administration during office hours (10am to 3pm, Mon to Fri): 02 9519 3403.
Download a full copy of our COVID-19 Safe Plan here.