PRODUCING AT NEW THEATRE
CALLING FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST FOR JANUARY 2024
New Theatre is now calling for EOIs from production teams to be considered for a three-week slot from 8 to 27 January 2024.
Each year, New Theatre offers its January time slot for outside hire as a way of giving theatre makers an opportunity to produce in a large space with great facilities and support at an affordable price.
WHAT YOU GET
- Use of our 150-seat theatre and 11m x 11m black box stage.
- Access to the theatre for bump-in from 9am on Sunday 7 January 2024.
- Support of our Technical Manager for an 8/h call.
- Use of our stock set, sound and lighting equipment.
- Rehearsal room hire and theatre workshop, subject to availability @ $15/hr or $100/day.
- Online ticketing, box office and front-of-house services.
You will need to supply your own technical crew (stage management, bump-in team, and lx/sx/av operators).
You will be responsible for marketing and publicity, but we’ll support your production through our various social media platforms and marketing networks and our eNews which goes out to 5K+ supporters.
If you have any questions, including hire rates and fees, please contact: Gemma Greer, Theatre Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org or 9519 3403 Mon – Fri, 10am to 3pm.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in producing at New Theatre, please submit an Expression of Interest that includes:
- a pdf of the script.
- a brief description of the play and the relevance of your show to New Theatre (for information about our history and ethos, visit the About Us page on our website).
- biographies of key people involved (writer, director, producer, designers, cast).
- proof of successful application for rights (if applicable).
- technical requirements.
- brief marketing and publicity plan.
Please send your EOI and submission to email@example.com with JANUARY 2024 PRODUCTION in the subject line. Submissions close Sunday 17 September 2023. The successful applicant will be notified the following week.