PRODUCING AT NEW THEATRE
CALLING FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST FOR JANUARY 2021
New Theatre is now calling for EOIs from production teams to be considered for a three-week slot from 4 to 23 January 2021.
Each year, New Theatre offers its January time slot for outside hire as a way of giving theatre makers an opportunity to produce in a large space with great facilities and support at an affordable price.
WHAT YOU GET
- Use of our 44-seat theatre and 11 x 11m black box stage (capacity reduced due to COVID restrictions)
- Access to the theatre for bump-in from 9am on Sunday 3 January 2021
- Support of our Technical Manager for an 8/h call
- Use of our stock set, sound and lighting equipment
- Rehearsal room hire and theatre workshop, subject to availability @ $15/h or $100/d
- Online ticketing, box office and front-of-house services
You will need to supply your own technical crew (stage management, bump-in team, and lx/sx operators).
You will be responsible for marketing and publicity, but we’ll support your production through our various social media platforms and marketing networks and our eNews which goes out to 5K+ supporters.
If you have any questions, including hire rates and fees, please contact: Gemma Greer, Theatre Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org or 9519 3403 Mon – Fri, 10am to 3pm.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in hiring the theatre, please submit an Expression of Interest that includes:
- a pdf of the script
- a brief description of the play and the relevance of your show to New Theatre (for information about our history and ethos, visit the About Us page on our website)
- biographies of key people involved (writer, director, producer, designers, cast)
- proof of successful application for rights (if applicable)
- technical requirements
- marketing and publicity plan
Please send your EOI and submission to email@example.com with JANUARY 2021 PRODUCTION in the subject line. Submissions close Sunday 4 October 2020. The successful applicant will be notified the following week.
Please Note: New Theatre is a COVID Safe business with set COVID Safe procedures in place that must be adhered to by all producers hiring the venue.