Venue for Hire: Auditorium, Jean Blue rehearsal room & Bar/Foyer
We can accommodate one off events, readings, auditions, photo and film shoots, seminars and rehearsals.
Seating Capacity: 150
Stage Size: 132 Sq. Meters
Large Rehearsal Room*
*not included in base hire fee
Rates available upon request
For rates and more information, please contact A/Theatre Manager Alice Livingstone: firstname.lastname@example.org,au or 9519 3403.
NEW THEATRE FOR HIRE IN 2017
Do you have a theatre project you’re burning to present? Would you like the opportunity to work in our iconic Inner West venue?
New Theatre is seeking a dynamic production team for a three-week slot 9 – 29 July 2017 .
What you get:
- Use of our 150 seat (148 seats, 2 wheelchair spots) 132 sq m black box theatre
- Access to the theatre from 8am on the Sunday before you open
- Support of our Technical Manager at your bump-in for an 8/h call
- Use of our stock stage, sound and lighting equipment
- Reduced rates for rehearsal room hire and theatre workshop, subject to availability
- Online ticketing, box office and front-of-house services
This is not a co-production: we don’t take a percentage of the box office, so once costs are covered, all profits are yours.
You’ll be responsible for marketing and publicity to get those punters through the door, but we’ll support your production through our various social media platforms and marketing networks and our eNews which goes out to 5K+ supporters.
If you have any questions, including venue hire fees, please contact: A/Theatre Manager Alice Livingstone at email@example.com or 9519 3403 Mon – Friday 11am – 5pm.
How to apply:
If you are interested in being considered for production in July 2017, please submit an Expression of Interest that includes:
- a pdf of the script
- a brief description of the play and the relevance of your show to New Theatre (for information about our history and ethos, visit the About Us page on our website)
- biographies of key people involved (writer, director, producer, designers, cast)
- proof of successful application for rights
- technical requirements
- marketing and publicity plan
Send your EOI and submission to firstname.lastname@example.org with 2017 JULY PRODUCTION in the subject line.
Submissions for July close 31 January 2017 at 5pm. The successful applicant will be announced in February 2017.
We look forward to hearing from you!