PRODUCE YOUR SHOW AT NEW THEATRE
CALLING FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST FOR JANUARY 2020
Are you an emerging or established independent theatre company? Do you have a theatre project you’re burning to present? Would you like the opportunity to work in our iconic Inner West venue?
Each year, New Theatre offers its January time slot for outside hire as a way of giving theatre makers an opportunity to produce in a large space with great facilities and support at an affordable price.
New Theatre is now calling for EOIs from dynamic production teams to be considered for the three-week slot 6 – 25 January 2020.
This is not a co-production. New Theatre doesn’t take a percentage of the box office, so once costs are covered, all profits are yours.
WHAT YOU GET
- Use of our 150 seat (148 + 2 wheelchair spaces) 84 sq m black box theatre
- Access to the theatre for bump-in from 8am on Sunday 5 January 2020
- Support of our Technical Manager for an 8/h call
- Use of our stock set, sound and lighting equipment
- Rehearsal room hire and theatre workshop, subject to availability @ $15/h or $100/d (8 hrs)
- Online ticketing, box office and front-of-house services
You will need to supply your own technical crew (stage management, bump-in team, and lx/sx operators).
You will be responsible for marketing and publicity to get those punters through the door, but we’ll support your production through our various social media platforms and marketing networks and our eNews which goes out to 5K+ supporters.
If you have any questions, including hire rates and fees, please contact: Alice Livingstone, Acting/Theatre Manager email@example.com or 9519 3403 Mon – Fri, 11am to 4pm.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in hiring the theatre, please submit an Expression of Interest that includes:
- a pdf of the script
- a brief description of the play and the relevance of your show to New Theatre (for information about our history and ethos, visit the About Us page on our website)
- biographies of key people involved (writer, director, producer, designers, cast)
- proof of successful application for rights (if applicable)
- technical requirements
- marketing and publicity plan
Please send your EOI and submission to firstname.lastname@example.org with JANUARY 2020 PRODUCTION in the subject line. Submissions close 30 June 2019. The successful applicant will be notified in early July.